PRINCIPAL'S CABINET OF ED DOWNS
Ed Downs Elementary has developed a program that encourages leadership, good citizenship, and promotes academic growth. The Principal’s Cabinet will be a group of 5th grade students appointed by the 5th grade teachers and the campus principal. These students will assist in monitoring the halls, cafeteria, and drop-off and pick-up areas. Students will be trained on monitoring procedures. The cabinet will also be providing a unique perspective into how our school could best serve all students, faculty, and staff. Research has shown that when schools and communities work together in the academic and social interests of the students, achievement in both is greatly enhanced.
In order to give an opportunity for all 5th graders to be able to participate, there will be a rotating group of up to 6 students every 3 weeks until the end of the year.
The Principal’s Cabinet must follow the procedures and guidelines listed below:
- Must be passing all classes (progress report and six weeks grade reporting period)
- Must not receive any disciplinary referrals
- Must follow all campus & district policies and procedures
- Must arrive to school by 7:10 A.M. to eat breakfast-duty will begin at 7:20 A.M.
- Must be able to stay after school until 3:30 P.M. for after school duty
- Parental permission is required to participate in this program